Welcome to Day 10 of my 10 Days of Easy Hacks and Recipes! We’re at the home stretch!! Throughout this series, we’ve explored various recipes that come together in no time at all, as well as easy hacks in the kitchen that you can implement for quick snacks and meals.
Today, we’re concluding this journey with a hack that’s bound to revolutionize your experience with store-bought hummus. In this recipe, I’m not teaching you how to make hummus. To me, that’s too much work and I just want quick and convenience. However, I do want to show you how to ELEVATE store-bought hummus in just 5-10 minutes but have it be outstanding enough to serve at a classy dinner party.
What’s so good about hummus?
- Hummus is a creamy dip or spread usually made from blended chickpeas, tahini (sesame paste), lemon juice, and garlic!
- It’s a staple in Middle Eastern cuisine, rich in plant-based protein and healthy fats
- Hummus comes in various flavours, including classic, roasted red pepper, sun-dried tomato, and more
- This versatile dip can be enjoyed with pita bread, crackers, fresh vegetables, or even as a sandwich spread
- Hummus is an excellent source of dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making it a nutritious addition to your diet
- Its creamy texture and mild flavour provide a wonderful canvas for various toppings and enhancements, as showcased in this hack!
Check out my other 10 Days of Easy Hacks and Recipes!
- Day 1 – Frozen Fruit Shaved Ice (Viral recipe)!
- Day 2 – Viral Magic Shell Yogurt Cup Recipe
- Day 3 – Soy Cured Egg Yolk Recipe
- Day 4 – Spinach and Egg White Rice Paper Wrap Recipe
- Day 5 – Fruity Blueberry Dark Chocolate Bark Recipe
- Day 6 – Lazy One Pot Japchae Recipe
- Day 7 – Korean Corn Dog Hack
- Day 8 – Okinawan Bitter Melon Stir Fry (Goya Champuru) Recipe
- Day 9 – Viral Carrot Salad Recipe
Want more easy healthy recipes like this? Here are some of my go-to recipes that I’m sure you’ll love ?
- Viral Sushi Bomb Spring Rolls (Kid Friendly)
- Delicious Mochi Brownie Recipe (super easy)
- Easy MATCHA Mochi Brownie Recipe (for matcha lovers)
BEST Hummus Recipe/Hack
- 1 non-stick pan I use Always Pan 2.0 from Our Place
- 1 burger meat patty I used one impossible foods meat patty (vegan) but you can use regular beef or pork
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 container store bought hummus (250g)
- 1.5 tsp chopped fresh parsley (as garnish)
- 1 tbsp high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- In a skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil.Add finely chopped onions and sauté until they turn translucent.Toss in minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add your choice of ground meat or plant-based patty to the skillet. Break it up and let it cook until browned.
- Sprinkle in cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper according to your taste preference. These spices will infuse the meat and add a bit of heat!
- On a serving plate, spread a generous layer of your favorite store-bought hummus. You can choose classic, roasted red pepper, or any other flavour you love.
- Top the hummus with the spiced meat mixture and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Drizzle on your EVOO!
- Grab some pita bread, pita chips, tortilla chips, or fresh vegetable sticks and enjoy!
I hope you’re inspired to try this recipe for yourself and don’t forget to comment on my IG reel/TikTok or in this blog post telling me what you thought of this recipe!
Thank you for joining me on this 10 day culinary adventure, and until next time, happy cooking and indulging! Make sure to follow @eatingwithkirby and and join my Youtube channel for more amazing food and travel content!